The SEO Strategist is a high-level position responsible for developing and executing effective marketing campaigns. This person uses data to make decisions that improve Launch That's web properties and explores new revenue generating opportunities for Launch That. This position works closely with multiple departments and utilizes a variety of inbound marketing tactics to produce effective digital marketing strategies. It is an individual contributor position. This position reports to a marketing lead in charge of one or more projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to recognize and diagnose algorithmic ‘penalties’ to websites and come up with actionable items to resolve site issues
- Focus on SEO tasks that provide ROI to project and business
- Funnel tracking of users from search & traffic to becoming a customer for our partners
- Competitive analysis to determine areas of improvements, new initiatives to start, and track old and new competitors
- Quality control/assurance of website in terms of UI/UX, content, on & off-page SEO, etc.
- Expertise in all aspects of technical SEO
- Ability to analyze server logs for SEO insights
- Knowledge and understanding of Google’s algorithmic changes
- Research, execute, monitor, report and analyze organic search marketing campaigns.
- Work with development team with focus on improving page/website speed
- Develop sound SEO strategies, on and off page, that produce results that directly affect company goals (rankings, traffic, leads, customers).
- Implement an organic, white-hat search strategy that aligns with the goals of the Marketing Lead and Project Lead.
- Continually audit and QC the site to spot issues or areas of improvement on: navigation, crawlability, indexation, content, UI/UX, user intent is met and SEO optimization
- Consistently and aggressively monitor industry trends related to search and recommend tactical changes and updates based on changes with Google and Bing.
- Work with Content and Development leads to implement updates and changes to tactics and strategies.
- Ensure all web pages are of high quality
- Ensure consistency of design, development and content by understanding HTML code and common design trends and practices
- Ensure all web pages are crawl-able by search engines with reduced page-load time, have easy-to-navigate breadcrumbs, have a clean URL structure, use proper indexation tags and have proper pagination.
- Track visitor traffic/experience/comments/feedback metrics, etc., to determine the effectiveness of new features
- Measure performance of marketing strategies
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in performance, page quality, and strategies and recommend solutions to overcome these hurdles.
- Track rankings for your site(s)
- Use tools (Webmasters Tools, Screaming Frog, et al) to monitor site performance and to troubleshoot issues
- Attend department meetings (Operations, Design, Development, Content, Social Media)
- Use data to your advantage. Suggest data refinements.
- Have ideas that are unconventional, fresh, smart, and primarily effective.
- Ability to self-manage, drive initiatives and execute tasks to completion.
- Willingness to embrace change.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain recommendations or meaningful information in a clear and understanding way.
- Strong previous experience in driving marketing strategy: creating, implementing, and managing strategy to achieve goals
- Proven success in organic search for a sustained amount of time
- Have a strong understanding of the following: Organic SEO, A/B testing, multivariate testing, conversion optimization, event tracking, cross-domain tracking.
- Have an exceptional and strategic understanding of industry trends - stay updated to the latest news/changes in digital marketing
- Technical Skills – Have a conceptual understanding of how the web and search engines work.
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Search metrics, Google Webmaster Tools and SEMrush
- Excel skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce including creating custom reports and dashboards.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Have a marketing, business, or computer science background
- Strong knowledge of Google Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines
Benefits and Perks
Healthcare: Nothing is more important than our health. That’s why we offer generous medical, dental and vision benefits, plus an Employee Assistance Plan, to all full-time employees.
Generous PTO: We allocate PTO at the start of the year and let folks use it how they desire. We celebrate all major holidays (and Black Friday!) — and also give everyone the end of the year off (paid), starting Dec. 24!
Casual workplace: From flip-flops, blue jeans, t-shirts and ball caps to Xbox, video games, card games and Nerf guns, we like to keep our collaboration loose and fun-loving. Just don’t mistake us for lazy.
Free parking: Launch That pays for 24/7 covered parking in The Plaza garage below our offices. This perk is especially convenient for Orlando Magic and Orlando City games — and on weekends.
Snacks and games: Our snack bar has plenty of chips, cookies, gum and fruit, and we have unlimited soda and coffee in the kitchen. Our rec room features an Xbox, video arcade, foosball and shuffleboard.
Matching 401(k): Employees who work here one year are eligible to join a matching 401(k) retirement plan, which has immediate 100-percent vesting. Your savings add up fast!
We are an EEO company.
Thank you for your interest in Launch That!