Our Oncology Writer creates a variety of content for our cancer-related internet properties. The job requires a heavy dose of medical research and an ability to turn complicated medical language into web pages and blog posts that are easily understood by the general public. It is not a management position. Ideally, this person works as a full-time, on-site employee in Orlando, Florida, but we will consider a telecommuting position and a contract position, depending on candidate fit.
- To provide a high level of medical expertise to a growing writing team
- To stay abreast of the latest cancer and treatment developments by researching, comprehending and writing about medical journal updates, FDA alerts, medical white papers and Big Pharma reports
- To quality-control multiple cancer-related websites and to ensure they deliver accurate information
- To develop a professional network of medical doctors and researchers who can provide cancer-related knowledge and content
- To fact-check and proof new and current new web pages, news articles and blog posts
- To support the Managing Editor by serving as a resource for other writers on the team
- To provide unique content ideas for the team, including ideas for infographics and content in other mediums, such as videos, slide presentations and third-party publishers, including HuffPost
- To suggest new content
- To work with our marketing team to make website and content updates (plug gaps in coverage)
- To work with other departments to ensure the content on our websites aligns with our model and mission
- To appear occasionally in videos that leverage our cancer and treatment expertise
- To communicate and work collaboratively
- To write content for third-party blogs and websites
- To self-manage, drive initiatives and execute tasks to completion
- To have a talent for prioritizing
The ideal candidate should have one of the following:
- A journalism or similar degree with extensive (10+ years) writing about cancer and cancer treatment and an online footprint that displays your ability as a writer
- A medical degree and expertise in oncology and a demonstrated ability to write for the general public
The ideal candidate also should have:
- Willingness to take direction and find creative ways to improve on that direction – initiative
- Great time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional medical experience
- Experience working with an oncologist, cancer treatment center or with a group or organization that promoted cancer treatment
- Experience interviewing doctors on a professional level
- Editing or proof-reading experience
- HEALTH CARE: Nothing is more important than our health. That’s why we offer generous medical, dental and vision benefits, plus an Employee Assistance Plan, to all full-time employees.
- GENEROUS PTO: We allocate PTO at the start of the year and let folks use it how they desire. We celebrate all major holidays (and Black Friday!) — and also give everyone the end of the year off (paid), starting Dec. 24!
- MATCHING 401(K): Employees who work here one year are eligible to join a matching 401(k) retirement plan, which has immediate 100-percent vesting. Your savings add up fast!
- CASUAL WORKPLACE: From flip-flops, blue jeans, t-shirts and ball caps to Xbox, video games, card games and Nerf guns, we like to keep our collaboration loose and fun-loving. Just don’t mistake us for lazy.
- FREE PARKING: Launch That pays for 24/7 covered parking in The Plaza garage below our offices. This perk is especially convenient for Orlando Magic and Orlando City games — and on weekends.
- SNACKS & GAMES: Our snack bar has plenty of chips, cookies, gum and fruit, and we have unlimited soda and coffee in the kitchen. Our rec room features an Xbox, video arcade, foosball and shuffleboard.
- The Fine Print: This is a regular, on-site, full-time position. For consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements.
ABOUT LAUNCH THAT
Launch That is a 14-year-old digital marketing company based in downtown Orlando. We employ the latest online white-hat strategies through a wide range of skills. We have writers, editors, social media specialists, web designers, front-end and back-end developers, application developers and, yes, a number of SEO and SEM specialists.
The company provides a unique culture and work environment. It has monthly employee events, celebrates openness and diversity, provides a snack bar and game room, and it fosters an optimistic outlook about work and life in general. We value culture as much as we value skills.
- Firm dedication to the company values (I Am EPIC – Integrity, Agility, Excellence, Passion, Innovation, Community)
- Continuing education in all aspects of content curation and development, creative storytelling, SEO and digital marketing
Thank you for your interest in Launch That!
We are an EEO company.