The Back End Web Developer will love building and working on websites covering all aspects of the job from working with designers to writing PHP. Front to back web development is what this position is all about. This person will play a key role in developing and maintaining our web properties by staying on the forefront of emerging development trends. It is an individual contributor role that has the capacity to become a management position.
COMPANY VALUES – Expectations
- Firm dedication to the company values (I Am EPIC – Integrity, Agility, Excellence, Passion, Innovation, Community)
- Appreciates and contributes to an atmosphere of creativity and collaboration among team members
- Has high standards related to all code that get written for Launch That brands and businesses
- To maintain and upgrade a high-level, business-to-consumer websites (mainly Wordpress) designed to generate online sales leads for clients
- To execute future build-outs and plug-in features based on needs from company operations and marketing directors
- To write clean code and to document that code according to company processes
- To be a leader, role model and mentor to other developers on the team and within the company
- To fix bugs as they arise
- To communicate consistently and effectively along reporting lines and among departments about ongoing initiatives and projects
- To drive initiatives and contribute to idea, tactic and strategy creation related to all aspects of web development
- To maintain a standard of excellence in Web development
- To work a defined Monday through Friday schedule in an office setting
- To work at least a 40-hour week
- To work collaboratively and communicate effectively with your team and across team boundaries
- To self-manage, drive initiatives and execute tasks to completion
- To prioritize projects and tasks
- To hold high standards for self and for others on the team
- To embrace change
- 4 or more years of demonstrated web development experience
- Experience working in a LAMP stack
- Expert in WordPress or related CMS.
- Experience with command line Unix
- Expert using grid-based CSS/SASS frameworks
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony2/Laravel)
- Experience with MySQL
- Expert with version control (Git)
- Familiar with Node/NPM
- Time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Good and consistent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other departments
- A desire to be epic
- Web design experience
- Experience with Linux servers and AWS
- Experience with task runners such as Gulp or Grunt, Ruby, Linux shell scripts
- Experience working with Google APIs and RESTful APIs.
- Active in the developer community
- Someone who likes to work hard and play hard
·Must be able to continuously see. Must be able to frequently stand, walk, view computer monitors, give & receive oral communication, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, and discern color. Must be able to occasionally sit, drive, type, and make fine determinations in sound. They also:
- Must be able to regularly lift/carry up to 10 lbs.; occasionally lift/carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to travel as required for company business.
- As needed work a varied schedule that could include nights, weekends and holidays.
Launch That, LLC is a young, privately held company based in downtown Orlando, Florida. Not long ago, we were 10 people with a dream and desire. Now we’re an established digital marketing firm with a quest to seek out new business opportunities that match our strengths. We are a group of digital strategists and creative types with a grasp of web trends and audiences. We leverage all of these strategies to produce and market strong brands that perform well in all sorts of digital/internet channels. Although we’re rather laid-back, we value efficient people, hard work and a diverse work environment.
- Full medical benefits kick in on the 1st of the month after hire
- Company contributes toward competitive medical and dental
- Employee-funded vision, Short Term and Long Term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Eligibility for employer-match 401(k) plan after 1 year
- Casual dress code
- Free 24/7 parking downtown
- In-house snack bar
- In-house recreational games
- Use of company bikes for breaks and lunch
The Fine Print: This is a regular, on-site, full-time position. For consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Launch That!
We are an EEO company.